The Easter Egg Project is one of the oldest projects of The Blue Bird Circle. Real eggs were used until 1989 when the change to bisque eggs was made. These eggs have become a “must” for many Houstonians who cherish them as collectibles and give them to favorite grandchildren, nieces, nephews and other young family members. The Circle members dye, paint, decorate, pack, and deliver more than 9,000 eggs each year. Most of the project is finished in five days of work by many Blue Bird volunteers. The eggs are packaged in ½ dozen cartons and go on sale six weeks before Easter.
Each package of six eggs costs $10 + tax. Eggs can be purchased at:
- The Blue Bird Circle Resale Shop
- Both Bering’s stores (on Westheimer and Bissonnet)
- Gorman’s Cleaners on the Katy Freeway
- Briargrove Pharmacy on San Felipe
- Rice Epicurean on Fountainview (the only Rice store still open)
- Leibman’s Wine & Fine Foods on Memorial Dr.
- Tres Market on Memorial Dr.
- TCH Gift Shops and Bridge at the Medical Center location